Interruptions, if not well managed will prevent you from completing a task or project within agreed timelines.
Tips on dealing with interruptions;
1. Always ask yourself if the interruption is urgent or more important than what you are doing presently.
2. Delegate the interruption.
3. Give it back to the interrupter (if possible).
4. Reschedule the interruption and buy yourself more time.
5. Tell the interrupter to schedule a meeting or send an email.
6. If it is self-interruption, learn to prioritize your to-do lists. Note down flash ideas and attend to it later.
7. Prevent interruptions and every element of interruption- switch off your ring alerts, have a set time to respond to emails, etc.
Remember, you can always say ‘YES’ to the person but ‘NO’ to the task.